Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where in the World Is Shelly Frantz

Okay, so I know what you’re thinking “This girl is the worst blogger EVER!” Well, I may have missed a few entries, but I’ve been darn busy. Let me show you what’s held me up since February.
This is where I work, and from February to May every year, it is where I eat, sleep, and breathe my 10-12 hour work days. When people ask what I do, it’s hard for me to sum it up with just a job title. Executive Assistant doesn’t really tell you much. I’m not a glorified secretary. I don’t really assist anyone specifically and I have plenty of responsibilities all my own. I can’t claim to be the “bookkeeper” because that’s not the only thing I do. Most of the time, I feel like a jack-of-all-trades; but then again, welcome to association management. So here’s the rundown: besides bookkeeping, I am the staff liaison for the committees that oversee governance (that just means the people who set policy and make sure the others follow it) and the budget, the building and grounds committee, the Board of Trustees and House of Delegates, and I have some pretty big responsibilities at our annual meeting each the spring; I am in charge of logistics for the awards ceremony and the banquet. It’s pretty cool because big dawgs like Jari Askins and Mary Fallin come to these events every year. This year’s banquet was a casual sports theme which was more fun to organize than some of the others which are formal galas.
“A Stage Divided”
That’s me on stage, sporting my Edmond Bulldogs gear, helping the president during rehearsal.
Oh, and…I’m assistant to the Executive Director (whatever that means). I guess Executive Assistant is the title they give you when you don’t really fall into one category. And that, my friends, is what I do.

No comments: