Thursday, June 11, 2009
My New Hobby
When I took up running, I had no idea there were so many factors involved in "a good run", the weather being the main one. Whoever named Chicago the Windy City hadn't been to Oklahoma, 'where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain', yet. Twenty to forty mile per hour winds can certainly affect "a good run". I also recommend that you don't eat a lasagna dinner before setting out for jog. You might feel that one in the back of your throat the whole way. I try to drink as much water as I can put down on the days I'm going to run. One tip: stop at least one hour prior or you will either a) have to make a pit stop, or b) feel really full.
I do enjoy it, running that is. It is so rewarding to know that I have pushed myself to the limit and beyond. I feel better, I'm starting to look better, and I feel a sense of accomplishment. It is incredible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment